RWBY Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boyd Hessin (WIP)

2 posters

Go down

Boyd Hessin (WIP) Empty Boyd Hessin (WIP)

Post by Spyder Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:37 am

Name: Boyd Jonah Hessin
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 110 lbs
Hair Color: Grey
Eye Color: Silver
Skin Color: Pale Caucasian
Birthplace: Vale
Team/Affiliation: Beacon academy

Picture: the insert picture thing isn't working so I'll just leave a link.
http://cronusslamporabitches.tumblr.com/image/116818106095

Additional Pictures: Boyd Hessin (WIP) Tumblr_muykteiDDx1sj0v63o1_500
His symbol.

Background: Boyd has had a very standard life, apart from the old mess up or two. He had loving parents who gave him anything he wanted, surprisingly being upper class. He even had a wonderful sister, that taught him the rights and wrongs of the world. Okay, maybe his sister was a low-functioning psychopath. Maybe she taught him that if someone pissed you off, you had the right to beat the ever-loving shit out of them. Maybe she taught him that the only way to get anything in life is through fear, and intimidation. Which led to his semblance. And quite possibly, she told him to take the sword. Take the blade that he now holds so close to him. Take it from the cold, dead hands of the man she had just torn limb from limb with her claws of iron. Take it before she slaughters him, too. TAKE IT. But of course, apart from that, it was a quite uneventful childhood. Most reasonable employees at beacon hate him, and think he's mentally unstable. He has yet to have the final interview with the headmaster to discuss his soon-to-be employment.

Personality: (Don't make this one too short. We're not asking for a whole lot, here.)

Aura Appearance: Boyd's aura is a rather dark and dreary grey, varying in tone to a slightly lighter grey. The aura seems to attempt to push anyone away if they're too close. It gives off a very unstable and damp feeling.

Semblance: Boyd once had a very general, widespread and useful semblance. Illusions. This could be used to create any sensation of sight, sound, smell, or even touch he wanted toward an opponent. However, the way he practiced this semblance quickly narrowed down its uses, as he practiced it as fear. Being able to reach into one's mind and seeing their greatest fear, then projecting that fear on himself or around the target. Unluckily enough for Boyd, Grimms are not actually afraid of anything rendering his semblance useless against them. But, fellow classmates, beware the grey menace. He'll spook you.

CARNIFEX

Carnifex: Latin for Executioner. Carnifex is what Boyd named his hand-held, double-edged axe. It's short, nearly the size of his forearm, with a grey coloration on the handle and streaks of red dust infused into the edge of the blades. The second blade of the axe can fold down, making it one sided and more maneuverable. Between the two axe blades is Boyd's symbol. The handle is hollow, and acts as a sheath for Lanius, and also doubles as extending the handle to the size of a two-handed axe. When Lanius is inserted, it also widens/lengthens the size of the blades by using a mechanism inside the Carnifex's handle. This can be turned off when traveling. And as a last feature, the blades can be flung upwards so the edge is facing the sky, and it doubles as a crossbow. But it certainly doesn't shoot bolts. It shoots miniature Jack-o-lantern themed EXPLOSIVES, filled with a cheap, unstable red dust that will explode into flames on impact. Lanius may still be inserted with the same effects at this stage, turning into a long-range explosive bow-gun.

LANIUS

Lanius: Latin for Butcher. Lanius is but a simple, completely straight sword, almost identical to a Hessian's. The handle is covered in a fine arrow pattern, pointing towards the blade. It has a cross-guard, curved upwards and an indentation along the center of the blade. The blade has the same thin, red edge to it as Carnifex. The Lanius can be inserted into Carnifex for several effects, as shown above. Lanius was not created by Boyd Hessin.

STATS

Strength: 8
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 9
Luck: 6
Charisma: 5
Dust Affinity: 4
Aura: 3

Signature Abilities:

THE HEADSMAN: Boyd slices the legs, or kneecaps, of his opponent (as long as they have some) with Lanius, forcing them to kneel over. Then, he goes in for an easy decapitation with a double-handed swing of Carnifex. This can be combined with his semblance, as long as his oppenent is actually affected. Instead of forcing them on to their knees, the enemy simply crumples in fear, giving him a clear shot of decapitation.

OTHER

Character Reference: The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow.

Voice: Boyd's voice is somewhat deep, but rough, and gravelly, and he usually talks in a cocky and flirtatious tone, but only towards other members of faculty. ALL members of faculty.

Theme Song:

Trivia:

Quotes:

"Off with 'is head!" *Maniacal laughter*

"I swear to god if you don't take this seriously I will decapitate you and throw your head so hard it will break the fabric of reality and have you hurtling through seventeenth goddamn dimension mark my words punk."

POSSESSIONS

Lin: 200ยง

Combat Gear: Consists of a long, dark grey coat (similar to that in the American Civil War), a secondary, smaller and lighter grey coat underneath, and a red button-up beneath that. He also wears a handkerchief around his neck, with large, leather boots and black trousers. On top of all of this, he has a worn black tri-corn hat, with light-grey, almost white trims.

Uniform: A black coat with red trimmings, with a white button up and a red tie underneath. With a black velvety tri-corn hat with scarlet trimmings, of course.

Last edited by Spyder on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:20 am; edited 5 times in total
Spyder
Spyder

Back to top Go down

Boyd Hessin (WIP) Empty Re: Boyd Hessin (WIP)

Post by Ace Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:23 pm

I'd like to make a quick comment on your single trivia note. When Grimm die, they evaporate quickly instead of decomposing, and there is no means of preserving them. Unfortunately, those who hunt Grimm for sport have to settle for replicas.
Ace
Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyder Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Aaaarg sorry I'm so embarrassed. I'll fix it. Thanks for reminding me!
Spyder
Spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:00 am

Of course, I understand. Just thought I'd let you know.
Ace
Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum